Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yes, it sometimes snows in April...

But I wouldn't normally expect almost two feet!

 Which makes it a perfect time for crafting...

Today, I decided to tackle a Lawnscaping Challenge!



I was inspired by Lisa Petrella's card:


I like the technique of stamping and having a die cut image over top. And, I love using all of my ink pads.

Here's mine!





Materials:
Paper: Neenah - Solar White, misc. Bazzill cardstock
Stamps/Inks: Lawn Fawn: Plus One, Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Green Hills (Mid-tone), Grape Juice (Mid-tone), Tide Pool (Mid-tone), Red Royal (Mid-tone), Butter Bar (Mid-tone), and Soft Cantaloupe
Cutting/Embossing: Hero Arts - Frame Cutes - Baby Motifs
Misc.: Dimensional adhesive, twine from The Twinery, button

And, a little knitting...

I finished the KPH knit-a-long... here's Ridgely!


Hardest part about this pattern was keeping all the skeins from tangling as knitting (worked with all three simultaneously) - I'm happy with the end result. I will wait and see what next week offers, as far as some crochet edging possibilities, but as crocheting is not my forte, I suspect that this shawlette will be staying as is.

Materials:
Cobasi yarn (3 skeins, but there were leftovers of each)
Needle size - 6


3 comments:

  1. Really great take on the inspiration challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's some snow!!! Love love your take on the inspiration card, super cute! I really love that technique :)

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design - love your take on your inspiration card!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete