Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hero Arts October Challenge

Here are some cards featuring Hero Arts Stamps that I put together recently for the October challenge on the Hero Arts Blog

Hero Arts October Contest Details:

  • Holiday Cardmaking - Because it’s never too early to get a start on those holiday cards!
  • Holiday Die Cutting - Be sure to check out Shari Carroll’s October technique article and video for one adorable idea using our Frame Cuts dies.
  • Sketch Challenge - Choose from any of the three sketches provided below. Sketch projects do not need to be holiday themed — any theme goes!
For projects created between October 12 and October 25 (11:59pm PST) - Tag entries with October2012B in Flickr

Here are my October cards....

This was a technique that was new to me that I discovered while browsing on SCS a few nights ago. A few YouTube video's later, and here it is. Not difficult - just have to make sure you have enough ribbon to make the right size of wreath you would like. Here's the link to my inspiration.
Materials:
Paper: Misc. Bazzill cardstock, Neenah - Solar White
Stamps/Inks: Hero Arts - Cl343 Holiday Sayings, Memento - Love Letter and Summer Sky
Misc.: Celebrate It Ribbon from Michael's


Materials:
Paper: Neenah - Solar White, misc. Bazzill cardstock
Stamps/Inks: Memento - Cottage Ivy, Colorbox - Frost White, TH Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean, Hero Arts - Cl343 Holiday sayings and K5445 Branch and Flourish Tree
Misc.: Jewel embellishments, dimensional adhesive, copic markers, Glitter Ritz


And a little knitting:

Can't stand socks, but at least I enjoyed the first sock. This is my favorite sock pattern - Amy has made me two pairs using this pattern, and I wore through both, because I wore them so much. Had to make another pair. Photo is unblocked, because I need to borrow some sock blockers! Coloring is more true in the close up photo.


Pattern: Celtic Braid Socks
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Yarns (fingering) - Argyle Socks colorway (2 skeins)
Needle Size: 2
Size: M

No comments:

Post a Comment